Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "wuwuengr@gmail.com" <wu...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/20 11:33:51 UTC

Newbie question: How do I build nutch with eclipse?

I followed the wiki tutorial "Build nutch 0.9 with eclipse" and it worked
out great.

But I still haven't figured out what to do to build jar files of my own and
have "bin/nutch" use them. Anyone cares to explain?

My eclipse experience is only limited to "export" to a jar file. But
"bin/nutch" script uses tons of jar files! And I only made one single change
in SegmentReader, what do I do update only this thing?

Thanks in adv,
-Peng

Fwd: Newbie question: How do I build nutch with eclipse?

Posted by "wuwuengr@gmail.com" <wu...@gmail.com>.
I am able to build nutch with ant in Eclipse now. And I can run bin/nutch
from Cygwin command line and see the changes. Thanks guys!

Yet, as I was trying to run/debug the code within Eclipse, my changes made
to the code were *ignored*.

What I did was putting "org.apache.nutch.segment.SegmentReader" as the main
class in "Run Configurations", and putting required parameters in the
Arguments tab.

What did I do wrong? Whatelse needs to be set?

Thanks much.

you should change default output folder (bin) to build: yourProject ->
Property -> Java Build Path -> Source -> Default output folder.
if you want to export jar file: open build.xml in root folder of your
project, open Outline Viewer and select jar option to build.

Re: Newbie question: How do I build nutch with eclipse?

Posted by Cool The Breezer <te...@yahoo.com>.
Take a look @ant tasks to create jar files. Then copy them to build/ directory. Or you can change the build directory used by ant to actual directory to be used for running nutch. In this case you just need to run ant task.

let me know if you need more help.

http://mail.yahoo.com