Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> on 2014/06/25 22:36:14 UTC

PDFBox PDFDays video

look whom I found on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QcU9B4qMc

This presentation by Bruno Lowagie (who is apparently one who asked
"nasty" questions in the session above) and Mark Stephens is also
interesting - nothing new, but it shows that they have the same problems
that we have: customers with broken PDFs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QcU9B4qMc

There are other presentations that I haven't watched yet.

Tilman

PS: a nice statistics site about PDFBox and other open source software:
https://www.ohloh.net/p/pdfbox/

Re: PDFBox PDFDays video

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Yes, I watched the presentation by Dr. Hans Bärfuss after writing the
text. It is kindof scary.

There's a blog entry by him telling that he has a collection of about
100000 malformed PDFs.
http://blog.pdf-tools.com/2013/12/embedding-fonts-in-pdf-never-ending.html

Tilman

Re: PDFBox PDFDays video

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> hat am 25. Juni 2014 um 22:36
> geschrieben:
>

> look whom I found on youtube:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QcU9B4qMc
>
> This presentation by Bruno Lowagie (who is apparently one who asked
> "nasty" questions in the session above) and Mark Stephens is also
> interesting - nothing new, but it shows that they have the same problems
> that we have: customers with broken PDFs.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QcU9B4qMc
A lot of people complaint about malformed pdfs and adobe not to force vendors to
follow the pdf but to support them by adding some self repair mechanisms to the
reader.

> There are other presentations that I haven't watched yet.

All recorded presentations can be found here

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfGR40SWnakjyWjfnmFOz-nsmf3_ap_Ec

I recommend the following one. It's about rendering pdfs, very interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiqDqd-1pwU&feature=share&list=PLfGR40SWnakjyWjfnmFOz-nsmf3_ap_Ec&index=20

> Tilman
>
> PS: a nice statistics site about PDFBox and other open source software:
> https://www.ohloh.net/p/pdfbox/

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: PDFBox PDFDays video