Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "John Robert Gardner, Architect" <jo...@sun.com> on 2001/07/02 20:58:30 UTC

Orthogonal Question: SVG from Powerpoint?

I've been using Batik to view some very elegant slides that resemble the
usual powerpoint look and feel - does anyone know of programs that take
ppt and convert to SVG?  E.g., does Illustrator 9 + "some plugin" do
this?

TYIA

john robert

--------------------------
John Robert Gardner
Deconstruction Architect
IT Technology Office
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Burlington, MA 01803
#2-0692 / WFH 781-592-7217

Re: Orthogonal Question: SVG from Powerpoint?

Posted by Peter Becker <pb...@meganesia.int.gu.edu.au>.
Hello John,

I don't know about the PPT import, but Illustrator supports SVG:
  http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/keyfeature1.html

If Illustrator doesn't support PPT you still should be able to use EMF
for this, but then you have to do slide by slide. Unless you use the
more advanced features of Powerpoint (e.g. session notes, audio track or
synchronization) I'd recommend going straight for SVG using programs
like Illustrator, Corel Draw or WebDraw.

The latter is currently still available as free prerelease version:
  http://www.jasc.com/webdraw.asp

In combination with tools like Cocoon and IEs fullscreen / Netcapes
kiosk mode you can create rather nice presentations.

HTH,
  PeterB

Posted by Denny <dd...@magic.fr>.
thanks Peter! good luck with your projects! Let us know if you find
something better than webdraw or a text editor for generating SVG!

Denny

Posted by Peter Becker <pb...@meganesia.int.gu.edu.au>.
Hello Denny,

Posted by Denny <dd...@magic.fr>.