Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christophe Deneux <ch...@capgemini.com> on 2007/04/11 11:02:45 UTC

[maven-assembly-plugin] How to exclude transitive dependencies of an included dependency

Hi all,

I use maven-assembly-plugin to assemble my project. My project contains some modules.

A module "myModule" contains a dependency with scope=provided ("myDependencyProvided"). This module as a
specific packaging (not a jar, war, ...): "myPackaging"

I will wish to add to my assembly this module with only its dependency "provided" (I don't wish to add all
other dependencies and all transitive dependencies).

My assembly descriptor is something like:
	<moduleSet>
		<includes>
	 		<include>myModule</include>
	 	</includes>
		<binaries>
			<outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
			<unpack>false</unpack>
			<fileMode>755</fileMode>
			<outputFileNameMapping>${artifactId}.${extension}</outputFileNameMapping>
			<dependencySets>
				<dependencySet>
					<scope>provided</scope>
					<outputFileNameMapping>${artifactId}.${extension}</outputFileNameMapping>
					<includes>
						<include>myDependencyProvided:myPackaging</include>
					</includes>
				</dependencySet>
			</dependencySets>
		</binaries>
	</moduleSet>

How can I exclude transitive dependencies of an include dependency ? Is it the right way to build this

assembly type ?

Can you help me, please?

Christophe DENEUX / Capgemini Sud / Méditerranée
Technical Leader
Tel: + 33 4 93 95 55 92 / www.capgemini.com
Porte de l'Arénas - Entrée B / 455 Promenade des
Anglais / 06200 Nice

Join the Collaborative Business Experience

Please consider the environment and do not print

this email unless absolutely necessary. Capgemini
encourages environmental awareness.