Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de> on 2002/02/01 17:04:40 UTC

Include SAX-Events

I know the CInclude transformer.
As it's possible to use an internal pipeline via the cocoon:// pseudo
protocol I looked into the spurces to find out how Cocoon manages that.

Cocoon uses streams to include the generated. I fear it's quite an overhead
as this means SAX->Stream->SAX.

Is it possible to include the SAX events (a pipeline without serialization)
with CInclude?

JOERN

RE: Include SAX-Events

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Jцrn Heid [mailto:heid@fh-heilbronn.de]
>
> I know the CInclude transformer.
> As it's possible to use an internal pipeline via the cocoon:// pseudo
> protocol I looked into the spurces to find out how Cocoon manages
that.

> Cocoon uses streams to include the generated. I fear it's quite an
overhead
> as this means SAX->Stream->SAX.

It seems that you are mistaken. It uses SAX directly, no stream in
between. See CIncludeTransformer, line 130:

            source.toSAX(consumer);

> Is it possible to include the SAX events (a pipeline without
serialization)
> with CInclude?

It's already.

Vadim