Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Noah Mapstead <no...@peacekeeper.com> on 1999/04/07 23:40:00 UTC

Re: other/3614: Install program fails to locate java executable

The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/3614; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Noah Mapstead <no...@peacekeeper.com>
To: Spencer Nassar <sp...@showplace.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org, stefano@apache.org
Subject: Re: other/3614: Install program fails to locate java executable
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 14:37:42 -0700

 Hi Spencer,

 I found that you just have to let the installer search.  Even if you
 point it to the file it will not find it.  Just make sure that java.exe
 or jre.exe exists somewhere.  I didn't want to let it run completely
 because I have a huge hard drive thats packed.  But it searches about 2
 or 3 times.  Each time for something different.  Let it run to
 completion and see what happens.  I'm ccing apache so this information
 will be appended.  Also make sure you download the JServ b3 jar file or
 it won't work.  I still have yet to make it work even though its
 installed.

 Stefano > I cc'ed you so that maybe you could update the bug based as
 resolved.  This particular bug is no longer a bug.  Its just a funky
 installer :)

 -Noah

 Spencer Nassar wrote:

 > Hi Noah,
 >
 > Did you ever get a solution to your JServ install problem?  No resolution is
 > in the bug database, and I'm right were you were in December.
 >
 > Any advice on how to get JServ installed on my NT machine when the installer
 > can't find the jre?
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Spencer

 Noah Mapstead  -  noah@peacekeeper.com

 Chief Technology Officer
 Peacekeeper Enterprises, LLC http://www.peacekeeper.com

 http://www.SiteMagic.Net
 The source for SMX programming tips and tricks
 Home of SMX Manager - RAD Tool for SMX Programming

 New Tag Line Coming Soon! Its Vapor Tag!