Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by luoc <lu...@apache.org> on 2021/05/08 02:05:22 UTC

The most appropriate version in the production

Hi all,
  Could you please tell me which version is the most appropriate in the production? There are our several requirements :
  1. Most stable
  2. More latest
  3. Easy to upgrade
  4. Support the 500GB every day in the production (not the test).
  5. 2.2.2 or 2.6.2 and more?

Thanks for your time.

- Luo

Re: The most appropriate version in the production

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Luo,

Your requirements are vague but I will attempt to provide some answers and
recommendations.

Nevertheless, if you are looking for the latest version of the project, try
Kafka 2.8.0

It is the latest version, you should be able to upgrade to 2.8.1 or 3.0.0
(if you are not in KRaft mode) and you can definitely receive and keep more
than 500GB of data each day

I personally like to try out the latest and greatest so that would be my
preference

I see you are a committer on the Drill project. Thanks for your service and
please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Luo,