Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Timothy N. Jones" <ti...@jolai.com> on 2002/06/06 20:39:02 UTC

problem adding global request handler

I want to funnel all SOAP requests in my server to a single handler.  My
assumption is that the easiest way of accomplishing this is with a global
request handler.  I tried testing this using the LogHandler and the
following deployment file:

<deployment name="mydeployment" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java/">

 <globalConfiguration>
   <requestFlow>
     <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler"/>
   </requestFlow>
 </globalConfiguration>

  <service name="myservice" provider="Handler">
 		<parameter name="handlerClass" value="my.domain.HandlerClass"/>
  </service>
</deployment>

I was successfully able to execute this deployment (verified by looking at
server-config.wsdd).  However, all subsequent requests fail with a "Null
handler" exception.  Below is a fault dump showing the stack trace.  I'm
using the 2002-06-06 nightly build source.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

> java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:7001/CW/services/AdminService list
- AxisFault: AxisFault
 faultCode: http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.userException
 faultString: org.apache.axis.InternalException: java.lang.Exception:
SimpleChai
n::addHandler:  Null handler;
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: org.apache.axis.InternalException: java.lang.Exception:
Simp
leChain::addHandler:  Null handler;
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.addHandler(SimpleChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDChain.makeNewInstance(WSDDChain.j
ava:172)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDe
ployableItem.java:304)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.getGlobalRequest(WSDDD
eployment.java:520)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.getGlobalRequest(FileProvi
der.java:298)
        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.getGlobalRequest(AxisEngine.java:291)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:260)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:56
2)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:4
05)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.
java:812)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
416)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
:501)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)