Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/10/28 18:00:51 UTC

[DSICUSS] Release specs-parent 1.6

Thread to discuss any issues/concerns regarding the release of
specs-parent 1.6.

Joe

Re: [DSICUSS] Release specs-parent 1.6

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Still just 4 votes on this.

I'll delay calling the vote until Monday in case anybody else wants to
chime in.

If no additional votes are cast between now and Monday I plan to call
the vote as passed (even with the low numbers we have the minimum 3).
So please speak up if you have an objection (or if you just want to add
your +1).

Joe

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 28, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> On the vote thread David Jencks asked the question:
> Which specs do we need to release before genesis 2 is available?
>
> I have no idea if there are specs that need to be released soon or
> when genesis 2 will be released (or specs-parent based on genesis
> 2). However, I do believe that what we just released for genesis 1.5
> will help generate better maven site content.
>
> There have been changes in the following specs which leads me to
> believe that there may be releases in the not-too-distant:
> - javamail
> - jacc
> - j2ee-connector

jacc and j2ee-connector are ee 6 so we won't really be able to release
them untill after we have the ee6 tck.  Actually jacc is consistent
with ee5 but there is only a pretty trivial change so I doubt we'd be
releasing it for ee5.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.