Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Craig Randall <cs...@hotmail.com> on 2000/06/21 19:56:47 UTC

Struts & the SAX API

What version of the SAX API is Struts built against? For example, when I
build Struts using Xerces-J 1.0.3, I receive a number of deprecation
warnings, most within Digester.java (e.g. org.xml.sax.HandlerBase). Thanks.

-Craig Randall (csrandall@hotmail.com)

Re: Struts & the SAX API

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Craig Randall wrote:

> What version of the SAX API is Struts built against? For example, when I
> build Struts using Xerces-J 1.0.3, I receive a number of deprecation
> warnings, most within Digester.java (e.g. org.xml.sax.HandlerBase). Thanks.

It is built against the JAXP 1.0 spec's standard, which is SAX 1.0 based.

If Xerces is JAXP-compliant (I understand that it is but have never tested it),
you should be able to run Struts with it in spite of the deprecation warnings.

> -Craig Randall (csrandall@hotmail.com)

Craig