Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Darin Wilcox <Da...@nurs.utah.edu> on 2002/04/19 16:33:35 UTC

Database Schema's to XML

Hi,

Has anyone worked with anything that will convert an Oracle db schema to xml?  We have some incredibly large databases that we would like to use in the Turbine framework, but it is very cumbersome to recreate the database by hand into the *****-schema.xml file.

Also, has anyone dealt with crossing schemas in Turbine?  When I create a new standalone app, I would like to tie it in with some existing schemas without have to redesign all the databases to make it a single schema.  Is this even possible?

Any insight on these concepts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Darin

Darin Wilcox
Web Engineer
College of Nursing
University of Utah
585-7332

RE: Database Schema's to XML

Posted by Diederik de Groot <dd...@talon.nl>.
Hi Darin,

I think 2.2b1 has this facility by default. I'm not sure about oracle. But
for mySql It works fine.

Diederik