Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by moses wold <mo...@kampsax.dtu.dk> on 2001/11/05 12:51:49 UTC

help with java-icalendar

Hi all

I'm working on the RDF-icalendar for WAP.
I'd like also to do some experiment with java-icalendar:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/java-icalendar/

Is it possible to get the source code of java-icalendar?
where can I download the java-icalendar?

I hope, you will help me with problem.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
Moses (Mussie)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
             YOUR BRAIN IS HUNGRY
   Wireless COM Technology, News, and Opinion.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Re: Recommended strategy for Jakarta FAQs ?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Vincent Massol wrote:

> I've clicked on the link but it seems down. The question is really : do you
> want to spend time to administrate this ? What would be the problems with
> using JGuru instead ? (BTW, it is already used for several projects: Ant -
> not sure they like it though ? -, Tomcat, Lucene, Struts).

Check here for a counter point of view
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=99039461311874&w=2

Daniel is a member of the PMC  - does the -1 affect/make official policy
- I don't know.

Someone does run a jGuru FAQ for Ant. It is an independent effort and
that is cool. I like retaining the Ant FAQ though, since we can easily
include it in the Ant distribution.

Conor

Re: Recommended strategy for Jakarta FAQs ?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Vincent Massol wrote:

> Thanks Pier. I have had a look and it is quite nice (UI is great). I've also
> read the comment from Daniel Savarese regarding jguru and I agree with most
> of his comments. The problem I see with Jive (or maybe rather with the it
> seems to be currently used) is that there is a lot of overlap with the
> mailing-list (just have a look at the threads). Also, I don't like too much
> the fact that messages posted to the forum go to the mailing-list because
> there is a problem of where you answer.
>
> As Daniele pointed out, a FAQ is a synthesis work and you have to wade
> through all the emails and rewrite the questions/answers taking into account
> all the points mentionned. In this regards, I would say that Jive is
> probably not the best. Thinking about this, I have just remembered that I
> have installed a system within our own company that might just work as a FAQ
> system : it is a wiki (I used TWiki). You all know wiki, so I'm not going to
> elaborate. The nice thing is that it lets you modify the content of
> something posted, so we could use is as follows :
> - an initial person posts a question/idea
> - subsequent persons add their comments/solutions
> - from time to time a moderator (or several), rewrites/reformulates the
> questions/answers so that it looks more like a faq
>
> Bear in mind that this is just a suggestion. I understand that there has
> probably been quite a lot of efforts put behing the jive forum so I wouldn't
> want to break the project.

That's why Jive is great...

I'm thinking to rename the Tomcat "FAQ" forums to be only "TOMCAT
FORUM", and add other forums for FAQs. Basically, the forums could be
linked to the mailing lists, and could/should be used by those having
questions and unwilling/uncapable to subscribe to the lists (since we
moved lists, I got _so_ many requests to have such a tool)... It would
be basically a web-based front-end to the list and nothing more...
(no moderation, more or less anything goes...)

The "FAQ" forums, instead, could be restricted in posting to a bunch of
people who are willing to "cooperate" and maintain the FAQ, in the same
way in which we deal with the JYVE faq.

Jive is great because it supports the concept of users and groups, and
every single forum can be "(un)locked" for reading/posting/editing for
groups, users, anyone...

If you want to check out the administration application for it, I can
send you the password, so you can better understand what I'm talking
about... THAT TOY IS SWEET! :) :) :)

     Pier

Re: Recommended strategy for Jakarta FAQs ?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a "recommended" (official) strategy with
regards to FAQ within the Jakarta projects. well ... er... looking at the
different project, I can see there isn't any ... :) Let's rephrase : is
there a specific direction we would like to ? I can see 3 options :
- Jyve, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity (and the registration
process is broken so no one can post new entries),
- a simple file with each project's documentation
- jguru

For the Cactus project, we'd like to go with jguru because it is a
well-known place for faqs, the search engine is nice and it is easy to enter
new entries.

Opinions ?
Thanks
-Vincent

--
Vincent Massol, vmassol@octo.com
OCTO Technology, www.octo.com

Re: Apache and Tomcat 4

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Bob Byron" <bb...@radit.com> writes:

> I am using Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 4.0.1.
>
> I am trying to connect Apache and Tomcat.  I have been successful
> in using the WebAppDeploy directive, and that is a nice way of
> connecting the two.  However, best as I can figure, the WebAppDeploy
> directive requires a directory to connect the two.  I want to have
> Apache direct all jsp's to Tomcat.  That is, when I type in the URL
> http://radit.com/Home.jsp, I want Apache to see the jsp and
> direct the connection to tomcat.  With the webapp deploy, it appears
> I have to use an intermediary directory like:
> http://radit.com/myjsp/Home.jsp

Use mod_rewrite and a RewriteRule in your httpd.conf file to map all
requests for JSP files to your servlet zone/realm.

Re: Apache and Tomcat 4

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Tuesday, November 6, 2001, at 10:43 PM, Bob Byron wrote:

> I am using Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 4.0.1.
>
> I am trying to connect Apache and Tomcat.  I have been successful
> in using the WebAppDeploy directive, and that is a nice way of
> connecting the two.  However, best as I can figure, the WebAppDeploy
> directive requires a directory to connect the two.  I want to have
> Apache direct all jsp's to Tomcat.  That is, when I type in the URL
> http://radit.com/Home.jsp, I want Apache to see the jsp and
> direct the connection to tomcat.  With the webapp deploy, it appears
> I have to use an intermediary directory like:
> http://radit.com/myjsp/Home.jsp
>
> Is WebAppDeploy what I am supposed to use?  Is there another
> directive I should use?  How do I configure Apache to direct
> *.jsp to Tomcat while handling *.html, *.gif, *.jpg on its own?

the best place to ask this question is on the tomcat-user list.

- robert

Apache and Tomcat 4

Re: help with java-icalendar

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.