Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Heath Thomann <jp...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/16 19:11:38 UTC

The openjpa-xxxx-5 modules are not built using an "older" Maven version.

Hello!  I've had an issue when building the 1.0.x code.  That is, when I
perform the following command:

mvn clean install

I've found that the openjpa-xxxx-5 modules are not build.  To get maven to
build the modules, I've had to use the '-Pjdk1.5' option, like this:

mvn clean -Pjdk1.5 install

I have the following in my environment:
OpenJPA version 1.0.x
Maven version 2.0.10
Sun JDK version 1.5.0_22

If I move up to Maven version 2.2.1 the openjpa-xxxx-5 modules appear to
build fine (with or without the '-Pjdk1.5' option).  However, it is only a
requirement that a user use Maven 2.0.9 or newer so Maven 2.0.10 should
build the openjpa-xxxx-5 modules with or without the '-Pjdk1.5' option.  Has
anyone experienced similar issues?

Thanks,

Heath Thomann

Re: The openjpa-xxxx-5 modules are not built using an "older" Maven version.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
We should suggest using 2.2.1, as the 2.2.0 release has known problems
with creating signatures and MD5 files when deploying artifacts....

-Donald

Posted by Heath Thomann <jp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mike!  I'll gladly update the documentation to state that a user must
use Maven version 2.2.0.

Thanks,

Heath

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.