Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Abbas Mousavi <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/29 12:38:24 UTC

Saxon does not recognise cocoon protocol

Hi All

newly I replaced Xalan with Saxon, to use some of its features. It works well
with all of my stylesheets but does not works with stylesheets that use
cocoon:// protocol to access some xml files.

I think that saxon uses the same URI Resolver as other cocoon components, Is it wrong?

---------------------------------

Re: Saxon does not recognise cocoon protocol

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 8/29/06, Abbas Mousavi <ab...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ...I replaced Xalan with Saxon, to use some of its features. It works
> well with all of my stylesheets but does not works with stylesheets that use
> cocoon:// protocol to access some xml files...

Saxon shouldn't make a difference about this, but what could happen is
that errors or quirks in your XSLT transforms are handled differently.
Saxon might give errors for some XSLT that is accepted by other
processors, this is maybe what you're seeing.

-Bertrand

Re: Saxon does not recognise cocoon protocol

Posted by craiggulliver <cg...@alarmpoint.com>.
FYI

I've been using this thread a while now to diagnose my problem.  It took
sometime but Bertrand's first response was correct.  In the
handled-errors.log file shows that two of my xslt templates caused an
ambiguous match.  This was different than the errors.log.

Check the all of the log files, you'll probably find your problem.

Craig

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Aug 29, 2006, at 7:39 AM, Askild Aaberg Olsen wrote:

> My experience is that if the referenced pipeline fails, Saxon reports
> this as "unkown protocol cocoon", or something similar.

That is exactly right.

Try invoking the pipeline directly from your browser (if the pipeline
is not "internal-only"), then you should be able to view the error
dump.

Similarly for the "context:/" protocol... if no file exists at the
referenced path, you will see the "unknown protocol" error.

I guess this is really a bug in Saxon.

—ml—

Re: Saxon does not recognise cocoon protocol

Posted by Askild Aaberg Olsen <as...@xangeli.com>.
Abbas Mousavi wrote:
> Hi All
>
> newly I replaced Xalan with Saxon, to use some of its features. It
> works well
> with all of my stylesheets but does not works with stylesheets that use
> cocoon:// protocol to access some xml files.
>
> I think that saxon uses the same URI Resolver as other cocoon
> components, Is it wrong?

I've been using the cocoon:// protocol from Saxon (8.7.3), so
URI-resolving should not be the problem.

My experience is that if the referenced pipeline fails, Saxon reports
this as "unkown protocol cocoon", or something similar.

Askild
-