Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/09/26 04:03:15 UTC

OPENEJB-1257

Hi guys,

I wondering about the state of OPENEJB-1257
Is it still needed? If yes, will it be committed ? :)

Thanks!
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: OPENEJB-1257

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
>> Hey David,

>>> Hi Matthias!
>>>
>>> Missed you at JavaOne.  Didn't realize you were heading over till too late.  Let me know if you're coming to ApacheCon NA.
>>
>> Nope. No more travel to the US this year :-)
>>

>>> We had that patch in for a bit then decided to go with a much deeper integration.  Now we have OWB working right in the openejb-core code.  The integration is still in flux but generally working.
>>>
>>> I haven't tried any JSF/CDI stuff, but you're more than welcome to dig in.  The more the merrier.  Check out openejb3/assembly/openejb-tomcat/openejb-tomcat-bundle/.  That's basically a Web Profile stack.  There's a TCK setup for it as well.
>>

>> Let me chekc the that one, when back in Germany.
>> Regarding the TCK. Is there some plan to apply for Web Profile
>> certification, within OpenEJB ?
>
> Check out the Tomcat integration.  It's pretty much been web profile for years now.

yeah I know - I really collapsed EAR approach :-)

> Would be nice to get an official nod if we can.

Indeed, that would be sweat!

-Matthias

Re: OPENEJB-1257

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 27, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> Hey David,
>

> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 25, 2010, at 7:03 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I wondering about the state of OPENEJB-1257
>>> Is it still needed? If yes, will it be committed ? :)
>>
>> Hi Matthias!
>>
>> Missed you at JavaOne.  Didn't realize you were heading over till too late.  Let me know if you're coming to ApacheCon NA.
>
> Nope. No more travel to the US this year :-)
>

>> We had that patch in for a bit then decided to go with a much deeper integration.  Now we have OWB working right in the openejb-core code.  The integration is still in flux but generally working.
>>
>> I haven't tried any JSF/CDI stuff, but you're more than welcome to dig in.  The more the merrier.  Check out openejb3/assembly/openejb-tomcat/openejb-tomcat-bundle/.  That's basically a Web Profile stack.  There's a TCK setup for it as well.
>

> Let me chekc the that one, when back in Germany.
> Regarding the TCK. Is there some plan to apply for Web Profile
> certification, within OpenEJB ?

Check out the Tomcat integration.  It's pretty much been web profile for years now.  Would be nice to get an official nod if we can.

-David

Re: OPENEJB-1257

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hey David,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2010, at 7:03 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I wondering about the state of OPENEJB-1257
>> Is it still needed? If yes, will it be committed ? :)
>
> Hi Matthias!
>
> Missed you at JavaOne.  Didn't realize you were heading over till too late.  Let me know if you're coming to ApacheCon NA.

Nope. No more travel to the US this year :-)

> We had that patch in for a bit then decided to go with a much deeper integration.  Now we have OWB working right in the openejb-core code.  The integration is still in flux but generally working.
>
> I haven't tried any JSF/CDI stuff, but you're more than welcome to dig in.  The more the merrier.  Check out openejb3/assembly/openejb-tomcat/openejb-tomcat-bundle/.  That's basically a Web Profile stack.  There's a TCK setup for it as well.

Let me chekc the that one, when back in Germany.
Regarding the TCK. Is there some plan to apply for Web Profile
certification, within OpenEJB ?

-M

Re: OPENEJB-1257

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.