Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2008/10/03 01:11:25 UTC

success story

I just wanted to take this opportunity to report an HBase success story.

We are running Hadoop 0.18.1 and HBase 0.18.0.

Our application is a web crawling application with concurrent batch content analysis of various kinds. All of the workflow components are implemented as subclasses of TableMap and/or TableReduce. (So yes there will be some minor refactoring necessary for 0.19...)

We are now at ~300 regions, most of them 512GB, hosted on a cluster of 25 nodes. We see a constant rate of 2500 requests/sec or greater, peaking periodically near 100K/sec when some of the batch scan tasks run. Since going into semi-production over last weekend there has been no downtime or service faults.

Feel free to add "Trend Micro Advanced Threats Research" to the powered by page.

   - Andy

Re: success story

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Great stuff Andrew.

(I added an entry to the powered-by page.  Please fix if I misrepresent).

St.Ack

Re: success story

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
Also I should mention for the sake of clarity that that raw 70TB capacity does not factor in 3x DFS replication, and we're putting a lot more than just HBase tables into DFS, but still we'd like our HBase tables to grow very very large with Web content and other things.

  - Andy

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, typo, sorry. 512MB.

Re: success story