Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Kn, Guruprasad (MED)" <Gu...@geind.ge.com> on 2002/06/11 14:18:05 UTC

A question regarding WriterAppender

Hi
Could someone please tell me as to why there is no setOutputStream() in the
class WriterAppender. I am asking this because like other classes, this
class too provides a default ctor, but does not allow mechanism to set the
OutputStream after constructing the object using the default ctor. I need
this function so as to provide a JDK 1.4 Logging API compatibility.

Rgds
Guru

Posted by Thomas Tuft Muller <tt...@online.no>.
The class allows you to set a Writer after creation with

	public void setWriter(Writer writer) { ... }

You could call this with

	setWriter( new OutputStreamWriter( myOut ) );

Hope this helps,

--

Thomas

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2002. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this email should be treated in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.