Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> on 2009/11/18 15:19:09 UTC

prioritizing tests

Hi all,

I have a fairly large project with several subprojects. I'd like to be
able to prioritize tests for a select few of the subprojects so that
they run first.

Are there any clever ways of doing this?

-Shane

Re: prioritizing tests

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a fairly large project with several subprojects. I'd like to be
> able to prioritize tests for a select few of the subprojects so that
> they run first.
>
> Are there any clever ways of doing this?

I would probably write an extension that allows priorities to be set on
projects, e.g. :low to :high, 1 to 10

project('master') do
  project('foo') do
    test_priority :high
  end

  project('bar') do
    test_priority :low
  end
end

and then either hijack the default test task and inject artificial
dependencies (for priority purposes) or create a different local +
per-project task that invokes subprojects tests in order of priority.

alex

Re: prioritizing tests

Posted by Peter Schröder <Pe...@blau.de>.
if you are using this for some kind of contiuous integration to fail early, you could just pick the test-taks of the desired subprojects to run first.

buildr base:sub:subsub:test ... package ... etc