Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/05/04 20:13:28 UTC

Re: [HttpClient] 4.0 release planning was Re: [HttpClient et al] tidbits

Hi Oleg,

> Waiting 5 months just for a _chance_ to get the first Alpha out the door
> is probably too much. I guess you'll have to let me port the remaining
> bits the best way I can. I'll try to be gentle with your code but at the
> end of the day I'll have to do what it takes to get the job done.

No problem. I'll be happy to explain any half-baked ideas that are not
obvious from the comments in the code. My turnaround time for mails on
the dev list is currently up to a week though. In urgent cases, you'd
have to contact me by personal mail via my corporate mail address. I'd
write up summaries of those conversations for the mailing list afterwards,
or put stuff on a wiki page.

> Once
> we have a few public Alpha releases I'll happily step down and let you
> take over and re-write whatever bits you are not comfortable with.

I'll throw in my hour or two of coding between those alphas.
I have no intention of taking over the component though.

cheers,
  Roland