Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> on 2013/06/13 21:53:39 UTC

A few more deprecations

I propose to also deprecate the similarity and preference transforms
from org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.transforms and
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.transforms as I don't recall anyone ever
using them.

Any objections?

-sebastian

Re: A few more deprecations

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I agree, they're not efficient to apply and aren't frequently applied
these days. You'd more usually pick techniques that aren't sensitive
to popularity effects and mean/stdev of data.