Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Josh Lucas <jo...@stonecottage.com> on 2000/09/02 07:57:53 UTC

use of underscores...

Is it known current behavior that underscores are not allowed in
variables?

I had a variable of test_one=blah blah and a template which called it.
The template just had $test_one after the parsing...  When I changed it
to testone, it correctly printed out blah blah.

Does this make sense?

josh

Re: use of underscores...

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 9/1/2000 11:13 PM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:
>
> > This is probably just an oversight.
> >
> > -jon
>

> | <IDENTIFIER_CHAR: [ "a"-"z", "A"-"Z", "0"-"9","-" ] >
> | <IDENTIFIER: <ALPHA_CHAR> (<IDENTIFIER_CHAR>)* >
>
> Just need to add a ,"_" to the end of IDENTIFIER_CHAR.

Yup. I'll add it.

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@periapt.com

Re: use of underscores...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

http://scarab.tigris.org/    | http://noodle.tigris.org/
http://java.apache.org/      | http://java.apache.org/turbine/
http://www.working-dogs.com/ | http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/
http://www.collab.net/       | http://www.sourcexchange.com/

Re: use of underscores...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 9/1/2000 10:57 PM, "Josh Lucas" <jo...@stonecottage.com> wrote:

> Is it known current behavior that underscores are not allowed in
> variables?
>
> I had a variable of test_one=blah blah and a template which called it.
> The template just had $test_one after the parsing...  When I changed it
> to testone, it correctly printed out blah blah.
>
> Does this make sense?
>
> josh

I vote +1 to allow _ and - in variable names.