Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Fegaras, Leonidas" <fe...@cse.uta.edu> on 2017/08/14 12:50:25 UTC

[VOTE] Retire the MRQL Podling

Hi all,
After a discussion on the dev@mrql list [1], the MRQL community has
voted to retire the project [2]. I am now calling for a followup vote
on IPMC to confirm the decision to retire MRQL.
MRQL is incubating for more than four years but has been dormant
during the last four months. MRQL had four releases but very little
community growth. Due to lack of activity and growth in the podling,
I call for a vote to retire the podling. The vote will be open for at
least 72 hours. Please vote on retiring MRQL:

[ ] +1  Yes, retire MRQL from the Apache Incubator
[ ] -1  No, do not retire MRQL because...

[1] http://markmail.org/message/chpyym5gvsa6sfgd
[2] http://markmail.org/message/zjdg2yxdhzgxcqut

Leonidas Fegaras

Fw: [RESULT][VOTE] Retire the MRQL Podling

Posted by "Fegaras, Leonidas" <fe...@cse.uta.edu>.
________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Retire the MRQL Podling

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
+1

Craig

> On Aug 14, 2017, at 5:50 AM, Fegaras, Leonidas <fe...@cse.uta.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> After a discussion on the dev@mrql list [1], the MRQL community has
> voted to retire the project [2]. I am now calling for a followup vote
> on IPMC to confirm the decision to retire MRQL.
> MRQL is incubating for more than four years but has been dormant
> during the last four months. MRQL had four releases but very little
> community growth. Due to lack of activity and growth in the podling,
> I call for a vote to retire the podling. The vote will be open for at
> least 72 hours. Please vote on retiring MRQL:
>
> [ ] +1  Yes, retire MRQL from the Apache Incubator
> [ ] -1  No, do not retire MRQL because...
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/chpyym5gvsa6sfgd
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/zjdg2yxdhzgxcqut
>
> Leonidas Fegaras

Craig L Russell