Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/27 06:57:46 UTC

Re: Apache Openmeeting Dev List member

Hello Abhishek Yadav,

sorry for the late response

please do not hesitate to write directly to the DEV list (added to CC)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2022 at 14:40, abhishek yadav <ab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Hope you are doing well.
>
> I have been continuously following the dev mailing list of Apache Openmeetings, and sometimes I have helped a few people on Stackoverflow with regards to Openmeetings. Back in 2015-2016 I developed PHP wrapper for Openmeeting APIs although I have not pushed anywhere. Also using that wrapper, I created a system (myedge.in) for a virtual classroom, during that time I was in discussion with you on some issues.

We also have some PHP components:
API - https://github.com/openmeetings/openmeetings-api-plugin
Moodle plugin - https://github.com/openmeetings/openmeetings-moodle-plugin

No we have Swagger, not sure if API is still required :)

> I recently attended ApacheCon North America in October, I was looking for you there but it seems like you haven't attended that conference but most of the senior people know you there :)

North America a bit too far away from Russia :)))
I doubt I will be able to attend ApacheCon EU :(((

> I need your help so that I can also contribute to this project, can you please suggest some areas of Apache Openmeetings where I can focus and contribute. I have around 10 years of Development Experience and right now working as Senior Software Engineer at Amdocs, Cyprus.

fill free to check our JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS (76 unresolved
issues)
Or Maybe you can improve Moodle plugin
https://github.com/openmeetings/openmeetings-moodle-plugin/actions
(The build is RED due to lots of missing documentation :)

feel free to ask questions at dev@ list :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Apache Openmeeting Dev List member

Posted by abhishek yadav <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,

Thanks a lot for your response :)

I will go through the resources you shared above and will start
contributing.

Thanks,
Abhishek Yadav