Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2019/08/22 12:03:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

The Apache Flink community is very happy to announce the release of Apache
Flink 1.9.0, which is the latest major release.

Apache Flink® is an open-source stream processing framework for
distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming
applications.

The release is available for download at:
https://flink.apache.org/downloads.html

Please check out the release blog post for an overview of the improvements
for this new major release:
https://flink.apache.org/news/2019/08/22/release-1.9.0.html

The full release notes are available in Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12344601

We would like to thank all contributors of the Apache Flink community who
made this release possible!

Cheers,
Gordon

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Great news! Thanks Gordon and Kurt for pushing this forward and everybody who contributed to this release.

Regards,
Dian

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guowei Ma <gu...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!!
Best,
Guowei

Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com> 于2019年8月23日周五 上午9:32写道:

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kurt Young <yk...@gmail.com>.
Great to hear! Thanks Gordon for driving the release,  and it's been a
great pleasure to work with you as release managers for the last couple of
weeks. And thanks everyone who contributed to this version, you're making
Flink an even better project!

Best,
Kurt

Yun Tang <my...@live.com>于2019年8月23日 周五02:17写道:

> Glad to hear this and really appreciate Gordon and Kurt's drive on this
> release, and thanks for everyone who ever contributed to this release.
>
> Best
> Yun Tang
> ------------------------------

Best,
Kurt

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.

________________________________

From:Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>>
Send Time:2019 Aug. 22 (Thu.) 20:18
To:Eliza <el...@chinabuckets.com>>
Cc:user <us...@flink.apache.org>>

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 不常用邮箱 <xu...@163.com>.
Good news!

Best.

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Glad to hear that.

Posted by Biao Liu <mm...@gmail.com>.
Great news!

Posted by Paul Lam <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Yun Gao <yu...@aliyun.com>.
Congratulations !

From:Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2019 Aug. 22 (Thu.) 20:18
To:Eliza <el...@chinabuckets.com>
Cc:user <us...@flink.apache.org>

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eliza <el...@ChinaBuckets.com>.

Posted by Peter Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
It is great news for the community. Thanks to everyone who contributed to
the release management. Congratulations!

Posted by Peter Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haibo Sun <su...@163.com>.
Great news! Thanks Gordon and Kurt!Best,

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Got it.
Thanks Till & Zili.
+1 for the release notes need to cover such issues.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Got it.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Till,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply @Zili.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply @Zili.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
Gavin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by qi luo <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eliza <el...@ChinaBuckets.com>.
Hi

on 2019/8/28 13:03, Fabian Hueske wrote:
> The Docker images for Flink 1.9.0 with Scala 2.12 are available now :-)

Nice work.
How to deploy a cluster with one master and multi-workers by docker image?

regards.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Flink 1.9.0 released

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

The Docker images for Flink 1.9.0 with Scala 2.12 are available now :-)

Cheers, Fabian

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.
Thanks Till and Zili!

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oytun,

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oytun,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by chaojianok <ch...@163.com>.

Posted by qi luo <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haibo Sun <su...@163.com>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Great news! Thanks a lot to everyone who helped making this release
possible and in particular to our release managers Gordon and Kurt for the
hard work.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.

Posted by JingsongLee <lz...@aliyun.com>.

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Thanks Gordon and Kurt for being the release manager.

Thanks all the contributors who have made this release possible.

Best,
tison.

Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com> 于2019年8月22日周四 下午8:11写道:

Posted by Oytun Tez <oy...@motaword.com>.
Ah, I was worried State Processor API would work only on savepoints, but
this confirmed the opposite:

The new State Processor API covers all variations of snapshots: savepoints,
full checkpoints and incremental checkpoints.

Now this is a good day for me. I can imagine creating some abstractions
around it on the application level to open it up for every operator by
default, bind it to our custom rest implementation (we did this initially
to serve QueryableState with abstractions to automate).

Now the question is, whether to rid of QueryableState flows in our
application... Let's see. :)

This is a great update, thank you again!

---

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.