Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jason Westra <jw...@evolutionhosting.com> on 2002/10/15 23:09:35 UTC

2 Replace.java upgrades

Hi guys,

I updated Replace.java to include support for 2 new features:

1. Currently, it only supports the *actual* token name.  Now, it supports
any type of prefix or suffix to the token including Ant's prefix "${" and
suffix "}" for replaceable attributes.

New attributes:
--------------
useAntTokens (e.g., looks for '${' and '}')
tokenPrefix (e.g., '~!@', or '~', etc.)
tokenSuffix (e.g., '@!~', or '~', etc.)

2. Extended to use the Ant project's properties, which in effect, allows the
replace task to use any number of properties files including ones in the Ant
format (e.g., properties files including replaceable values like
${some.property}=valueXYZ)

New Attributes:
---------------
useProjectProperties

For clarity, I have included comment with my name '/** jwestra */ near the
code I modified/added to make these upgrades.  I hope you will accept these
changes into the next build.

regards,
Jason

Jason Westra
Evolution Hosting
1919 Fourteenth St, Suite 410; Boulder, CO 80302
www.evolutionhosting.com
tel: 303.998.1027
mob: 303.596.7623
fax: 509.479.5818