Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org> on 2019/09/11 08:17:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drop older versions of Kafka Connectors (0.9, 0.10) for Flink 1.10

Hi all!

We still maintain connectors for Kafka 0.8 and 0.9 in Flink.
I would suggest to drop those with Flink 1.10 and start supporting only
Kafka 0.10 onwards.

Are there any concerns about this, or still a significant number of users
of these versions?

Best,
Stephan

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop older versions of Kafka Connectors (0.9, 0.10) for Flink 1.10

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I’m also in favour of at least dropping support for Kafka 0.8.

More generally, I think we have to be careful when recommending to use Flink connectors from older versions with a newer Flink versions. The interfaces might be stable but they might use internal code that is not stable, as shown by [1].

Best,
Aljoscha

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.