Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rishi Agr <ri...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/09 06:47:00 UTC

Product Name storage and search and image storage

Hi,
I have a situation where I need to store the name and description of the
product is language specific (one product with name in different languages)
and needs to be stored in the database. In my understanding, the Product
table does not have this flexibility. I wanted to store these in the
Content table and refer to ProductContent. For this I need some small code
snippets to implement the product search on product name. Do I need to add
these values in ProductKeywordNew or do we have different ways to search. I
do not have knowledge of productSearch and could be very useful to me if
someone provides some code snippet with some explanation or a link to any
existing document that can help me out in this regard.

Also, I need to store several images and was thinking of using the Content
table itself instead of using the Product table. Need your suggestions on
this.

Thank you.

Re: Product Name storage and search and image storage

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Rishi,

You currently do here [1], use "Create New Product Content" and not
"Override Simple Fields"

After the better way would be dedicate your own screen to manage product
content connected to the different services

Nicolas

[1] here
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductContent?productId=WG-9943

Posted by Rishi Agr <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Nicolas. Is it possible to provide the link to the technical
documentation for product search?

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Hussain,

Posted by Hussain Thangal <hu...@dlits-sa.com>.