Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/07/23 11:39:39 UTC

Some NL homepages that need updating for 4.0

French --  http://www.openoffice.org/fr/

It looks like it has its own copy of the download scripts.  This logic
needs to be updated.

Announcement header as well.

German -- http://www.openoffice.org/de/

Announcement header is stuck on 3.4, and is in English

Italian -- http://www.openoffice.org/it/

download logic is still pointing to 3.4.1

There may be others as well, but I noticed these three.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Some NL homepages that need updating for 4.0

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/23 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>

> Ricardo Berlasso wrote:
>
>> 2013/7/23 Rob Weir<ro...@apache.org>
>>
>>> Italian -- http://www.openoffice.org/it/
>>> download logic is still pointing to 3.4.1
>>>
>> Download page on ES site also point to 3.4.1 on both the live site and the
>>
>> staging site. But I have no idea how to fix it
>>

> ES and IT should be very similar since I cloned IT from ES back at the
> time.
>
> The problem is that these pages use
> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/globalvars_improved.**js<http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js>
> which still has 3.4.1, but since it's global configuration I didn't change
> it. The current download page uses
> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/globalvars.js<http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars.js>
> that has the correct numbers but does not work as a globalvars_improved.js
> replacement in the IT site.
>
> So for the time being I simply linked to the English download page in
> http://www.openoffice.org/it/
> and I will have a look at properly fixing this tonight, European time.

ES page link to English download page for now on both, the main page and
the topnav.mdtext file. But for example ES forums links to ES download page
so this needs to be solved. I have no idea about js so I cannot go further.

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
We have another NL website adapted to AOO 4.0.0, incl. download webpage

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/de/
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/de/downloads/

and release notes:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Notes+%28Deutsch%29

Thanks to David Paenson and Jörg Schmidt from users-de@. :-)

Marcus

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
I tried Chinese download page  http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/download/ .
But it looks I can not simply replace the global parameter VERSION with
another parameter as "4.0.0"... :(
The design of the Chinese download page is similar to en download page. So
I just wondering what makes "4.0.0" appear in en download page?

- Shenfeng (Simon)

Posted by Xuacu <xu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xuacu <xu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcus, all

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Xuacu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07/24/2013 01:09 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 07/23/2013 11:06 PM, schrieb Kazunari Hirano:
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Can you tell us when your works are done?
>> I would like to check our site, http://www.openoffice.org/ja/
>
> Japanese has its own download webpage. So, I've just exchanged the old
> 3.4.1 download links with 4.0.0. And fixed some obvious outdated links.
>
> Feel free to test. :-)

Sorry, of course still in the staging area. You can find the updated
webpages here:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/ja/index.html
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/ja/download/index.html

Marcus

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcus,

Thanks.

Can you tell us when your works are done?
I would like to check our site, http://www.openoffice.org/ja/

Regards,
khirano

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 07/23/2013 12:47 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>  On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Andrea Pescetti<pe...@apache.org>
>>  wrote:

>>> ES and IT should be very similar since I cloned IT from ES back at the
>>> time.
>>>
>>> The problem is that these pages use
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/globalvars_improved.**js<http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars_improved.js>
>>> which still has 3.4.1, but since it's global configuration I didn't
>>> change
>>> it. The current download page uses
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/globalvars.js<http://www.openoffice.org/download/globalvars.js>
>>> that has the correct numbers but does not work as a
>>> globalvars_improved.js
>>> replacement in the IT site.
>>>

>> Maybe Marcus can help describe what needs to be done here.  I bet
>> their are HTML changes needed as well as pointing to the new
>> javascript.
>>

> Yes, at least on the "it" site it was a mixture of wrong path for CSS + JS
> paths and slightly outdated JS code in the "it/download/index.html" webpage.
>
> I'm working on it and other languages.
>
> Marcus
>

>  So for the time being I simply linked to the English download page in
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/it/
>>> and I will have a look at properly fixing this tonight, European time.
>>>

>> Thanks.  Note that the update notifications point users to the NL home
>> pages in many cases.  So we cannot enable the upgrade notifications
>> until the NL pages are updated.  Either that or we change the update
>> config file to send everyone to the EN homepage.  But better to get
>> the NL pages correct, if that can be done in a reasonable amount of
>> time,
>>
>> -Rob
>>
>>  Regards,
>>>    Andrea.

khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice
http://openoffice.apache.org

Re: Some NL homepages that need updating for 4.0

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/23 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> French --  http://www.openoffice.org/fr/
>
> It looks like it has its own copy of the download scripts.  This logic
> needs to be updated.
>
> Announcement header as well.
>
> German -- http://www.openoffice.org/de/
>
> Announcement header is stuck on 3.4, and is in English
>
> Italian -- http://www.openoffice.org/it/
>
> download logic is still pointing to 3.4.1
>
> There may be others as well, but I noticed these three.

Download page on ES site also point to 3.4.1 on both the live site and the
staging site. But I have no idea how to fix it

http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07/24/2013 01:42 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 07/24/2013 12:47 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>
>> wrote:

>>> OK, now the webpage should work again. I've tried to transfer the
>>> translated
>>> strings but please check yourself if it's also OK.
>>>

>> You da man, Marcus! Thanks!
>
> Thanks a lot! :-)
>
> Today ast, de, es, fr, it, ja were updated.

I've updated the download links also for:

gd, nl

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/gd/
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/nl/

Marcus

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/24 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 2013/7/24 Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de>
> >
> >> Am 07/24/2013 12:47 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> >>
> >>  On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>

> logic

> http://apache.org/it/index.html>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/it/index.html>

> http://apache.org/it/download/index.**html>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/it/download/index.html>

> http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/>

> >> Thanks a lot! :-)
> >>
> >> Today ast, de, es, fr, it, ja were updated.
> >>
> >> Please don't forget to do a last publish when the reviews and last fixes
> >> were done.
> >>
> >> More languages if needed tomorrow.
> >>
> >> So, good night for today.
> >

> > Good night for today!
> >
> > For tomorrow, I have a quick question :)
> >
> > The ES site still shows the old logo. I don't know how to find the
> template
> > or even how to fix it. Tomorrow I'll review the links under "información
> > adicional", several seems outdated.
> >

> This is the file that needs to be updated:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/es/brand.mdtext

Thanks! Checked in. I revised that file on CMS but it seemed empty: I was
fooled by the fact that there is no scroll bar on that page, so I did not
see the relevant parts. I needed to zoom out the page to gain access to the
lower part!

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Michal Hriň <mi...@aol.com>.
Hi all,

Slovak and Czech NL pages are updated, form yesterday.

Regards,
Michal Hriň

Re: Some NL homepages that need updating for 4.0

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/24 Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de>

> Am 07/23/2013 11:49 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>
>  Am 07/23/2013 11:40 PM, schrieb Ricardo Berlasso:

>>> It is here:
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/es/**descargar/<http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/>
>>>

>> ups, sorry. ;-) I'll try again.
>>

> OK, now the webpage should work again. I've tried to transfer the
> translated strings but please check yourself if it's also OK.

Great! Thanks!

The staging page seems to be working well. I'll commit it and restore the
links to it in a few minutes.

Thanks again!

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/it/index.html
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/it/download/index.html

Thank you Marcus, these work and I've published the Italian site
(together with the other pending changes... unfortunately you always
have to publish all pending changes).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Some NL homepages that need updating for 4.0

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> French --  http://www.openoffice.org/fr/
>
> It looks like it has its own copy of the download scripts.  This logic
> needs to be updated.
>
> Announcement header as well.

I've fixed the French site:

http://www.openoffice.org/fr/