Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jareddunne <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 01:40:17 UTC

Can Slave specify multiple URIs for same Master? w/ Multiple NICs

I am trying to determine the ideal hardware to run my ActiveMQ 5.2 Pure
Master/Slave brokers on.  I am currently deciding between hardware with 2
NICs versus 4 NICs.  I am curious if ActiveMQ features currently support
multiple replication connections between Master and Slave or alternatively
failover on the replication connection.

It seems like you can make the masterConnectorURI something like this:
failover://(tcp://master-nic1:61616,tcp://master-nic2:61616,tcp://master-nic3:61616)
and the Slave broker will sucessfully establish a connection to the Master,
even when the first URI listed is not routable/addressable, but I dont see
any documentation that describes this behaviour.  So I am not sure how this
works or even if it is expected to work..

If it's not clear from my questions above, I am trying to determine if I can
take advantage of hardware with 4 NICs each to use 3 of the NICs for
Master->Slave replication connections (across networking equipment creating
private networks between master/Slave), and use the 4th NIC for normal
JMS/Stomp Client connections.

j-