Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ray Anderson <rs...@rb-com.com> on 2005/01/28 16:23:03 UTC

Alt text getting through

I made a custom rule in local.cf to score the following with 5:

describe   custom_body_checks    Custom Body Checks
score      custom_body_checks    5

rawbody     __bc_0     /%RND_ALT/I

meta     custom_body_checks     ( __bc_0 )

But it is not catching that phrase in the inbound e-mail.  (below)

Can anyone tell me why?  I have tons of other rules that get caught and marked, but this one seems to sneak by.....

Stuck on spamassassin-2.55-2.1.92 for now on a Mandrake 9.2 machine.

Thanks,

-=Ray
Good flying never killed [an enemy] yet.
Major Edward "Mick" Mannock, RAF, WWI, 50-73 Victories

Here is a snip of the original e-mail (hope it doesn't get caught)
============= SNIP ============

------------A40863880133651

------------A95370304846963

------- cut html crap ---------

%RND_ALT%RND_ALT%RND_ALT

------- cut html crap ---------

------------A95370304846963

------- cut html crap ---------

%RND_ALT%RND_ALT%RND_ALT

------- cut html crap ---------

------------A95370304846963--

------------A40863880133651

Re: Alt text getting through

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 10:23 AM 1/28/2005, Ray Anderson wrote:
>I made a custom rule in local.cf to score the following with 5:
>
>describe   custom_body_checks    Custom Body Checks
>score      custom_body_checks    5
>
>rawbody     __bc_0     /%RND_ALT/I
>
>meta     custom_body_checks     ( __bc_0 )
>
>But it is not catching that phrase in the inbound e-mail.  (below)
>
>Can anyone tell me why?

Because you ended the __bc_0 with a /I, which isn't a valide modifier.
Perhaps you meant lower-case /i?

try running spamassassin --lint on your rules..

$ spamassassin --lint
Bareword found where operator expected at (no file), rule __bc_0, line 1,
near "/%RND_ALT/I"
         (Missing operator before I?)