Posted to users@maven.apache.org by vipul vij <vi...@orange.net> on 2003/04/10 15:13:48 UTC

CVS checkouts in Maven

Hi to you all,

I have noticed that when building JARs using the "maven java:jar"
plugin that source code is not automatically checked out. Is there a
plugin that anyone knows of that does this ?

Also e-mail notification doesn't work for builds. I have specified an
address in project.xml; I guess that this may need to be configured -
where do I exactly do this ?

I will be greatful for any help -- I have already posted one message
here on this mailing list; unfortunately I did not get any response.

Kind regards,

Vipul Vij

Re: CVS checkouts in Maven

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 09:13, vipul vij wrote:
> Hi to you all,
>

> I have noticed that when building JARs using the "maven java:jar"
> plugin that source code is not automatically checked out. Is there a
> plugin that anyone knows of that does this ?

Why would the JAR goal download the sources? Maven does not
automatically pull sources out from the repository.

> Also e-mail notification doesn't work for builds. I have specified an
> address in project.xml; I guess that this may need to be configured -
> where do I exactly do this ?

Maven itself provides no facility for emailing people, that email
element is for use with Gump. Ancillary projects may use the email
information to send messages but there is nothing inherent in Maven for
sending messages upon a failed build. That's not Maven's concern.

> I will be greatful for any help -- I have already posted one message
> here on this mailing list; unfortunately I did not get any response.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Vipul Vij

jvz.

Jason van Zyl