Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/13 20:45:37 UTC

openejb command line

For the start and the stop commands we have a strategy of printing stuff from
start, start.help, start.examples, stop, stop.help and stop.examples.

However, for deploy, undeploy and properties, we are doing something different.
I would prefer to have a common strategy for the commandline stuff .
Which one should we pick?
If you dont have any preferences/favorites, I am just going to pick
one and stick with it.

It woudl be good if we could also refactor the classes a bit to move
common stuff in a superclass called Command (or CommandLineCommand).
This will make it easier to add new commands.

Any thoughts on the above?
--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: openejb command line

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 9/13/07, Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the start and the stop commands we have a strategy of printing stuff from
> start, start.help, start.examples, stop, stop.help and stop.examples.
>
> However, for deploy, undeploy and properties, we are doing something different.
> I would prefer to have a common strategy for the commandline stuff .
> Which one should we pick?
> If you dont have any preferences/favorites, I am just going to pick
> one and stick with it.
>
> It woudl be good if we could also refactor the classes a bit to move
> common stuff in a superclass called Command (or CommandLineCommand).
> This will make it easier to add new commands.
>
> Any thoughts on the above?

+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: openejb command line

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 13, 2007, at 4:27 PM, Karan Malhi wrote:

>> Actually, the start, deploy, undeploy, and properties commands as
>> well as the core 'openejb' command all use commons CLI.  If there is
>> a start.help file floating around it needs to be killed.  Everything
>> should be using commons CLI.
>
> I  checked in stop.help today ;(

It's no big deal.  I got part way through converting everything over
and didn't exactly leave things in a clear state :)

-David

Re: openejb command line

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
> Actually, the start, deploy, undeploy, and properties commands as
> well as the core 'openejb' command all use commons CLI.  If there is
> a start.help file floating around it needs to be killed.  Everything
> should be using commons CLI.

I  checked in stop.help today ;(

> Sure.  Or maybe something using delegation or utilities so we can
> avoid the hierarchy
Sure.

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: openejb command line

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 13, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Karan Malhi wrote:

> For the start and the stop commands we have a strategy of printing
> stuff from
> start, start.help, start.examples, stop, stop.help and stop.examples.
>
> However, for deploy, undeploy and properties, we are doing
> something different.
> I would prefer to have a common strategy for the commandline stuff .
> Which one should we pick?
> If you dont have any preferences/favorites, I am just going to pick
> one and stick with it.

Actually, the start, deploy, undeploy, and properties commands as
well as the core 'openejb' command all use commons CLI.  If there is
a start.help file floating around it needs to be killed.  Everything
should be using commons CLI.

It would be nice to have a .examples file for all the commands, but
not all of them are as complicated and really need it.  One for
deploy would be great.