Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Allen, Daniel" <Da...@kbcfp.com> on 2008/02/23 00:03:41 UTC

Redirecting to somewhere determined by previous page's parameters

Hi, all.

I want to redirect a user somewhere based on a parameter that came in
from a previous page's form. The basic flow should be:

1. StartPage.jsp, contains a form that points to an SomeAction, and that
form includes the parameter "NextPage"
2. SomeAction performs some work and then gives back the result
"RedirectPage.jsp"
3. RedirectPage.jsp accesses the NextPage parameter that was given by
the form from StartPage.jsp.

Now, I know that you can use <% response.sendRedirect("urlString"); %>
to send a redirect from a JSP, and I know that you can use OGNL to
access an action's properties a la <s:property value="nextPage"/> if
there's a method SomeAction.getNextPage(), but the two syntaxes aren't
compatible, so I'm not sure how to mix the two and get what I want.

Any ideas? Also, sorry if this is completely obvious to someone more
familiar with JSPs than I am.
Thanks in advance,
~Dan Allen

--
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of any entity within the KBC Financial Products group of companies (together referred to as "KBC FP").

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of KBC FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product. Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would enter into a transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC FP's own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past performance is not indicative of future returns.

Re: Redirecting to somewhere determined by previous page's parameters

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
I haven't tried it but I wonder if:

<result name="success" type="redirect">${nextPage}</result>

would do the job.
  (*Chris*)