Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stefan <st...@wammel.com> on 2009/07/09 21:44:02 UTC

Is tapestry the right for me?

Hi,

after some hours of reading articles, tutorials & doc around tapestry5
i'm now really excited.
After some painful experiences with JSF & MyFaces, GWT, WingS and, of
course, plain JSP stuff, i'm
searching for the really right one for my current project.

The problem is that i have to build some forms completely dynamic.
The "definition" of the form will be defined per request!

e.g. I need to have a default adressbook like form (no problem so far)
another once there has to be a table with dynamic rows, dynamic
columns and
the cells contain other components like options, checkboxes....

Is something really dynamic form/component building possible without
having
to code dozens of workarounds?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

Re: Is tapestry the right for me?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Stefan<st...@wammel.com> wrote:
> That sounds fine. :)
> After some further reading i will try something around with the grid
> component. Is it (again) possible without JSF-like terror to combine grid and form?

I've done a form that edit a list of objects displayed in a Grid
without any problems and workarounds. It just works. :)

--
Thiago

Re: Is tapestry the right for me?

Posted by Stefan <st...@wammel.com>.
That sounds fine. :)
After some further reading i will try something around with the grid
component.
Is it (again) possible without JSF-like terror to combine grid and form?

What i need to have is the possibility to setup a grid with e.g.
<select> components
in the cells. (first column labels, 2..n columns form components).
This form should be generated on server-side, i prefer the non-ajax way.
(i have a lot of painful Ajax, JS & Browser issue experiences).

-Stefan

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,