Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yan Huang <az...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/01 19:32:54 UTC

Re: Is there equivalent maven 2 tag for the dependency property tag from maven 1

This tag is for maven 1 eclipse plug-in and used for defining dependencies
as eclipse projects.

By default, the dependencies defined in the POM would be in jars format.
However, they can be projects in the eclipse workspace. If a dependency is
an eclipse project, a property needs to be added to that dependency to
indicate so.

  <dependency>
    <groupId>group</groupId>
    <artifactId>artifact</artifactId>
    <version>version</version>
    <properties>
      <eclipse.dependency>true</eclipse.dependency>
    </properties>
  </dependency>

This indicates that the dependency is another project in the workspace. Note
that the name of the referenced project is the artifactId.

The inverse also works. If you have included extra jars that shouldn't be in
the eclipse classpath, then you can set eclipse.dependency=false

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, no such tag exists in M2. I'm still not sure why (or
even if) you need it.

Wayne