Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Aleksandra Lemajic <le...@neobee.net> on 2005/03/23 19:28:22 UTC

problem with extracting PowerPoint text

I need to extract the text from ppt files, just text, no layout or font info
etc. I tried the MSPowerPointExtractor but it doesn't work correctly. It
extracts only a part of the text and something I don't need like "click here
to edit..." and "first level second level..." . Can anyone tell me if I am
doing something wrong or is the code for this still unfinished and can't do
better?
Also, can I find a decsription of the PowerPoint binary file format for free
download somewhere?
Thanks in advance.