Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeffrey Kunzelman <al...@discountpetfood.net> on 2001/11/19 04:28:10 UTC

Tomcat 4.01 for OS X

Has anyone installed tomcat 4.01 on Mac OS X?

--
Jeff

Re: Tomcat 4.01 for OS X

Posted by Jeffrey Kunzelman <al...@discountpetfood.net>.
I had to do the following:
set $java_home to
JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework

then for some reason bin is called Commands so I had to update shell
scripts before it would run.

How ever now I can see the default tomcat page, but as soon as I try
to run a jsp example or servlet example I get a 404 error

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/
returns

Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /examples/jsp/

type Status report

message /examples/jsp/

description The requested resource (/examples/jsp/) is not available.

anyone have any ideas?

>At 21:28 -0600 11/18/01, Jeffrey Kunzelman wrote:
>>Has anyone installed tomcat 4.01 on Mac OS X?
>
>Sure.  It runs without any particular problems that I've noticed,
>once you figure out where to set JAVA_HOME.
>
>Doesn't have that problem that Windows users are reporting of
>quitting when you log out, either. :-)
>

>>--
>>Jeff
>

>--