Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/08 21:52:36 UTC

facebook support

I'd like to get facebook support into Wicket.  If anyone out there has
interest and would like to cooperate(particularly anyone with Facebook
experience), please get in touch with me.  Thanks.

Re: facebook support

Posted by Matt Jensen <ma...@picasystems.com>.
Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I couldn't use any solution that
does not give me access to at least the lowest common denominator of
data for these sites: users, groups, contacts, etc.  Just about every
useful application that I can think of involves mixing in with these
constructs and possibly extending them with additional functionality.

I'm hoping that Open Social provides access to this information in an
abstract way.  If it does, I might be able to shelve my current project
and move right into building end user applications.

Re: facebook support

Posted by Mats Norén <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: facebook support

Posted by Stefan Fußenegger <st...@gmx.at>.

Re: facebook support

Posted by Chris Lintz <ch...@gmail.com>.
I am curious what type of Wicket components/functionality you are hoping for?

Just on a side note, we are using Octazen - http://www.octazen.com/ for
social network slurping of contacts, etc.  Of course there is a small
license fee for the product, so it would be ideal to have a free library to
work with.

Re: facebook support

Posted by "Philip A. Chapman" <pc...@pcsw.us>.
And the flamewars begin.  :-)

--
Philip A. Chapman

Desktop and Web Application Development:
Java, .NET, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 2000, Windows XP

Re: facebook support

Posted by Matt Jensen <ma...@picasystems.com>.
Wasn't aware of its existence.  If it is relatively feature rich and
integrates well with Java...it's possible that it could save me a lot of
work.  Always a good thing!

I'll check it out.

--Matt

Re: facebook support