Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2017/10/13 20:46:18 UTC

Building AOO 4.2.0 and postprocess module

I've gotten pretty far in building 4.2.0 but the below error is
a puzzler for me... Any ideas or hints would be appreciated.
It looks like a build dependency, somewhere:

=============
Building module postprocess
=============

Entering /Users/jim/src/asf/code/follow/aoo/main/postprocess/checkxml

Entering /Users/jim/src/asf/code/follow/aoo/main/postprocess/checkdeliver

/opt/local/bin/perl checkxml.pl
/opt/local/bin/perl checkdeliver.pl  -l ../unxmaccx.pro/misc/checkdeliver_log.txt && touch ../unxmaccx.pro/misc/checkdeliver.done
Checking:/Users/jim/src/asf/code/follow/aoo/main/solver/420/unxmaccx.pro/xml/
checkdeliver.pl - checking delivered binaries
OK

Entering /Users/jim/src/asf/code/follow/aoo/main/postprocess/packcomponents

dmake:  Error: -- `/Users/jim/src/asf/code/follow/aoo/main/solver/420/unxmaccx.pro/xml/components/fpicker/source/aqua/fps_aqua.component' not found, and can't be made
ok.

1 module(s):
	postprocess
need(s) to be rebuilt

Re: Building AOO 4.2.0 and postprocess module

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 14.10.2017 um 17:28 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> On Oct 14, 2017, at 11:28 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>
>> I found the problem... It looked to be a cut/paste error where the
>> build system was looking in:
>>
>>   solver/420/unxmaccx.pro/xml/components
>>
>> instead of:
>>
>>    solver/420/unxmaccx.pro/xml/components
>
> Oops. Should be:
>
>     solver/420/unxmaccx.pro/xml/component
>
> (i.e.: no 's' at the end)

oh dear, such stupid things are really hard to find. I'm really thankful
that you want to struggle through them. I hope that the remaining ones
are more obvious.

Thanks

Marcus

>> It looks like a number of things in 4.2.0 related to
>> macOS haven't been tested/built yet so I'm running into
>> them. And fixing them as I hit them.

>>> How many parallel jobs do you run?
>>>
>>> I usually build "4x4", i.e.
>>> $ build --all -P4 -- -P4
>>> (with the arcane syntax explained in the build guide)
>>> but at times dependencies on trunk are not perfect -at least when I was building trunk more regularly; in the last months I've always built AOO414- so I had to fix it by relaunching the build as simply
>>> $ build --all
>>> without purging the tree.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Andrea.

Re: Building AOO 4.2.0 and postprocess module

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Thx. Yeah, I've tried that but haven't had luck so far.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.