Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacinto MorĂ¡n <de...@lamaison-sl.com> on 2001/02/01 12:18:55 UTC

Slow start under Windows 98

    Greetings for all !

    I find myself in the difficult situation of havfing to deploy a web
application I developed under Linux onto a Windows 98 system. The
application itself, which consists mainly on JSPs, works correctly, but when
I start Tomcat on the W98 machine and, from the web browser (locally or from
another computer) I ask for the first JSP, the server computer spends
approximately 2-3 minutes "thinking", and only then it serves the requested
JSP.

    After this first delay, the rest of the JSPs I request come really fast,
even if I request that first JSP again!. So : the delay occurs when I
request a JSP for the first time, independently of which JSP I ask for.

    I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 on Sun's JDK 1.2.2, and Windows 98 Seocnd
Edition. I know the best solution would be **not** using Windows 98, but
unfortunately that's impossible in this case at the moment.

    Thank you all.

Jacinto Moran

Lamaison, S.L.
Pamplona