Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by M Al-yahya <mm...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK> on 2002/06/20 14:57:25 UTC

Lucene and cocoon-view

Hello,

I'm experimenting with cocoon XML search using lucene. At
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/search/create if I input the base URL as it
is :
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documents/index.html the creation goes on
well and the search is good. However, if I input the base URL:
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/mywebapp/index.html
the index statistics shows everything 0 and I don't see anything helpful
in the logs. I think it has to do with the statement "The base url
should be cocoon-view aware of content-labels links, and content." I've
read the concepts/view section of the documentation but could not figure
out what must I do to make my XML files cocoon-view aware.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Maha

Re: Lucene and cocoon-view

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
What about 2.0.2? I have the same problem with 2.0.2. I've added the
"content" label to the page I want Lucene to index but, sadly, it does not.

Regards,

Lajos

Re: Lucene and cocoon-view

Posted by M Al-yahya <mm...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>.
Hi Lajos,

At Last... problem solved :)

Well here's  what I did :

1. I realized that I was having the same problem as you the <views>
should be inside the <components> and not after it.
2. Made sure that in the pipeline the <map:transform...> where the view
label is inserted was returning a mime-type "text/xml" -as you
suggested-
<map:transform src="stylesheets/q.xsl" mime-type="text/xml"
label="content"/>

3. when creating the index I inserted in the base URL :
   	http://localhost:8080/cocoon/myapps/home.section
   and not
   	http://localhost:8080/cocoon/myapps
4. The index was successfully created.