Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> on 2003/06/17 16:16:04 UTC

Re: Using Turbine to delete a file....

I handle it this way... I'm still using TDK 2.1 but this should work for
you.

    public void doDelete(RunData data, Context context)
        throws Exception
    {
        Criteria criteria = new Criteria();

	// uploaded file entry is stored in the database, retrieve with
	// details to path of file on system
        criteria.add(PortfolioPeer.PORTFOLIO_ID, data.getParameters().getInt("portfolioid"));

        // clean up the file from our local file system
        Portfolio entry = (Portfolio) PortfolioPeer.doSelect(criteria).elementAt(0);

        File f = new File( TurbineServlet.getRealPath( entry.getImageName() ) );
        if (f.exists()) {

		// perform the delete operation
                f.delete();

        }

	// remove database entry of file information
        PortfolioPeer.doDelete(criteria);

    }

HTH,
Jeff Painter