Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Gokulakannan M <go...@huawei.com> on 2010/06/14 10:51:04 UTC

changing my hadoop log level is not getting reflected in logs

Hi,

            I changed the default log level of hadoop from INFO to ERROR by
setting the property hadoop.root.logger to error in
<hadoop>/conf/log4j.properties

            But when I start namenode, the INFO logs are seen in the log
file. I did a workaround and found that  HADOOP_ROOT_LOGGER is hard coded to
INFO in

            hadoop-daemon.sh and hadoop script files in <hadoop>/bin. Is
there anything to do with that or they are provided for any purpose??

            PS: I am using hadoop 0.20.1

 Thanks,

  Gokul

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is