Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by "Lupesko, Hagay" <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/04 21:54:45 UTC

Re: [RFQ] Deprecate amalgamation

JavaScript is not the only use case for Amalgamation - I’m familiar with a few users that use the amalgamation to build Android and iOS apps.
If we take out Amalgamation, unless we provide target builds for these platforms, these users and use cases will be left out.

Hagay

On 11/21/17, 11:50, "Pedro Larroy" <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Anybody against removing amalgamation then? emscripten build is
    already using CMake.

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Would you be able to us in touch with some customers who are using
amalgamation? That way we'd be able to gather some requirements and provide
them with a seamless replacement as part of our docker_multiarch
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/tree/master/docker_multiarch .