Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Markus Schaber <m....@3s-software.com> on 2011/08/17 12:08:12 UTC

Failing update and failing cleanup issue with 1.7 Beta

Hello,

I have an issue with a working copy where a revert operation failed, and
the cleanup operation also fails.
This issue was caused while using TortoiseSVN 1.7 beta 2 (TortoiseSVN
1.6.99, Build 21735 - 32), but the failure to cleanup the working copy
persists with svn.exe version 1.7.0-beta3 (Beta 3) from collabnet.

svn: E720003: Can't move 'D:\testcheckout\.svn\tmp\svn-2DB32F5C' to
'D:\testcheckout\UML-Coffeemaker-branch\POU_2\StepSub_active\svnobj':
Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

This may be a windows filename case issue, as the directory on disk
actually is called UML-Coffeemaker-Branch. On the other hand, the
directory POU_2 is "missing". TortoiseSVN did not allow me to revert
those missing directories, only the missing files in the "Check for
modifications" dialogue, and IIRC, such a revert brought the working
copy into this inconsistent state.

Steps to repeat (using Cygwin bash, but collabnet svn exe is in path)

mkdir repo
svnadmin.exe create repo
svn checkout file:///D:/svntest/repo wc
cd wc
mkdir foo
touch foo/bar
svn add foo
svn commit -m ""
rm -rf foo/
svn revert foo/bar

If I first revert foo, and then revert foo/bar, it works fine.

There's a sibling bug in TortoiseSVN which lets me not revert foo, I'll
write to them a separate mail.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

___________________________
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 |
Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber@3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects:
http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner |
Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

Re: Failing update and failing cleanup issue with 1.7 Beta

Posted by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:41, Markus Schaber <m....@3s-software.com> wrote:
> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Von: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]
>> Markus Schaber wrote on Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:12:55 +0200:
>> > Von: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]
>> > To be honest, I don't know. Are there daily builds for Win32 I can
> use
>> > to test?
>>
>> Hmm.  I know tortoise has nightly builds, but I don't think they pull
>> svn's trunk nightly.  Whether we have nightly builds?  I can't think
> of
>> any offhand, but perhaps there is something in
>> <http://subversion.apache.org/packages#pre-release>.
>
> CollabNet provides only for "official" alpha and beta releases, it
> seems, no nightly build.
>
> The TortoiseSVN nightly build
> http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/ is not really clear about
> whether they pull from Trunk or stay on the "official" betas at the
> moment - it simply mentions that both may happen.

The nightly builds are done from the TSVN trunk. And the TSVN trunk
currently has the svn 1.7.x branch included with svn:externals.
So the TSVN nightly builds are using
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/branches/1.7.x/

Stefan

--
       ___
  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

AW: Failing update and failing cleanup issue with 1.7 Beta

Posted by Markus Schaber <m....@3s-software.com>.
Hi, Daniel,

Von: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]

> > cleanup"
> > > The one that http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1158616&view=rev
fixes.
> > According to the message "... make sure the destination folder
exists
> > ...", this commit might even fix both. :-)

> > I'll try the next nightly build, and if that is not working, I'll
try
> > the next Beta/RC. If the bug is still present there, I'll file it in
> > the tracker. Is that ok?
>
> Certainly, thanks.

I can confirm that both issues are fixed in the latest nightly
TortoiseSVN-1.6.99.21863 build.

It can revert foo/bar itself without corrupting the working copy, and it
can cleanup a working copy broken by "svn revert foo/bar" using the svn
beta3 command line client.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

___________________________

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Markus Schaber wrote on Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:41:44 +0200:
> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Von: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]
> > Markus Schaber wrote on Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:12:55 +0200:
> > > Von: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]
> > > To be honest, I don't know. Are there daily builds for Win32 I can
> use
> > > to test?
> >
> > Hmm.  I know tortoise has nightly builds, but I don't think they pull
> > svn's trunk nightly.  Whether we have nightly builds?  I can't think
> of
> > any offhand, but perhaps there is something in
> > <http://subversion.apache.org/packages#pre-release>.
>
> CollabNet provides only for "official" alpha and beta releases, it
> seems, no nightly build.
>
> The TortoiseSVN nightly build
> http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/ is not really clear about
> whether they pull from Trunk or stay on the "official" betas at the
> moment - it simply mentions that both may happen.

Last I heard, Stefan Küng was tracking svn trunk manually.  (so the
nightly build wouldn't break if trunk has an API change)  But I don't
follow tortoise development.

> > The idea of posting the buildbot artifacts has been suggested before,
> but
> > hasn't been implemented.
> >
> > > And which of the issues do you speak of? The one corrupting the
> > > working copy in revert operation, or the other one that "svn
> cleanup"
> > > is not able to repair it?
> > >

> > The one that http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1158616&view=rev fixes.
>
> According to the message "... make sure the destination folder exists
> ...", this commit might even fix both. :-)
>
> I'll try the next nightly build, and if that is not working, I'll try
> the next Beta/RC. If the bug is still present there, I'll file it in the
> tracker. Is that ok?

Certainly, thanks.

AW: Failing update and failing cleanup issue with 1.7 Beta

Posted by Markus Schaber <m....@3s-software.com>.
Hi, Daniel,

Von: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.