Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz> on 2015/02/25 23:13:05 UTC

[Hardening] Running tomcat under a specific account

Dear All,

there are plenty resources mentioning it is a must to run tomcat as a
dedicated user with limited permissions.

Is it still true when tomcat doesn't run standalone, but via Apache web
server connected via AJP? That webserver already runs in the restrictive
mode.

Thanks, Jan

Re: [Hardening] Running tomcat under a specific account

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.