Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sa...@in.safenet-inc.com on 2006/01/18 11:18:17 UTC

Ignore all filters except ssl one

Hi,
    I need to create a tunnel between client and backend server through
Apache just like CONNECT call does but cant turn forward proxying.
 I have copied the code for CONNECT logic in my function. The client is
communicating with apache on SSL and apache communicates with backend server
in plain text.
The tunnel works fine for simple web sites. It does not work when I try to
tunnel pop3 or smtp through it. I am using a wrapper application on client
and backend server which uses chunked encoded http messages to create
pop3/smtp tunnel. Its working fine for small messages. For attachments,
Apache suddenly sends tcp reset to client side and disconnects both ends.

Please suggest changes,
satti

Re: Ignore all filters except ssl one

Posted by Joost de Heer <jo...@sanguis.xs4all.nl>.
satinders@in.safenet-inc.com wrote:
> Hi,
>     I need to create a tunnel between client and backend server through
> Apache just like CONNECT call does but cant turn forward proxying.

Are you bound by using Apache? If not, might I suggest rinetd
(http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/) for this purpose? It's really easy to
configure, and does exactly what you want to do.

Joost