Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/08 18:26:58 UTC

moving camel-jbi module from Camel to the servicemix-camel module...

In the Camel project we've an EIP implementation which can route any
JBI components (as well as other things)...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jbi.html

the current list of EIP patterns implemented is here...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

you can use Java code or XML (spring XML) to implement the routing...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html

The current camel-jbi depends on trunk of ServiceMix (as it plugs into
all the nice features in ServiceMix, like dynamic endpoint resolution,
URI syntax and so forth). Given this dependency on the internals of
ServiceMix (and it only really uses the simple public APIs of Camel),
plus I'd like to hopefully unify serviceix-eip with Camel routing
capabilities - I'm gonna move the following modules from Camel into
ServiceMix...

camel/components/camel-jbi
  -> servicemix/deployables/serviceengines/servicemix-camel

camel/tooling/archetypes/camel-jbi-service-unit
  -> servicemix/archetypes/servicemix-camel-service-unit

As usual, any feedback most welcome. We can always move it back if
folks think of a good reason later on (for once, I'm glad all of
apache is a single svn repo ;-).

--
James
-------

Re: moving camel-jbi module from Camel to the servicemix-camel module...

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the Camel project we've an EIP implementation which can route any
> JBI components (as well as other things)...
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jbi.html
>
> the current list of EIP patterns implemented is here...
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
>
> you can use Java code or XML (spring XML) to implement the routing...
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html
>
> The current camel-jbi depends on trunk of ServiceMix (as it plugs into
> all the nice features in ServiceMix, like dynamic endpoint resolution,
> URI syntax and so forth). Given this dependency on the internals of
> ServiceMix (and it only really uses the simple public APIs of Camel),
> plus I'd like to hopefully unify serviceix-eip with Camel routing
> capabilities - I'm gonna move the following modules from Camel into
> ServiceMix...
>
> camel/components/camel-jbi
>   -> servicemix/deployables/serviceengines/servicemix-camel
>
> camel/tooling/archetypes/camel-jbi-service-unit
>   -> servicemix/archetypes/servicemix-camel-service-unit
>
> As usual, any feedback most welcome. We can always move it back if
> folks think of a good reason later on (for once, I'm glad all of
> apache is a single svn repo ;-).

FWIW the move is now complete...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/deployables/serviceengines/servicemix-camel/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/archetypes/servicemix-camel-service-unit/

I'll document this new service engine & service unit on the ServiceMix shortly

--
James
-------

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.