Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/21 20:51:35 UTC

"Developing the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin in Eclipse" missing step of setting M2_REPO variable

I followed the instructions on this excellent page, but got 12 build
problems, caused by my M2_REPO variable not being set.  There was/is a
reference to M2_REPO/xmlunit....  Once I set the variable, the 12
errors reduced to two:
The specified version does not have the correct format
(major.minor.micro.qualifier) or contains invalid
characters	org.apache.geronimo.installableruntime.jetty.feature	feature.xml	line
24	1208803506421	45
The specified version does not have the correct format
(major.minor.micro.qualifier) or contains invalid
characters	org.apache.geronimo.installableruntime.tomcat.feature	feature.xml	line
24	1208803506453	46
These are probably not fixable, given external maven build, but I'd
like the instructions to mention setting the M2_REPO variable.
Thanks,
Ted Kirby

Re: "Developing the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin in Eclipse" missing step of setting M2_REPO variable

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted, the M2_REPO clasapath variable is a new requirement for our new
junit testcases, which we've just recently added. We will update the
documentation accordingly. Thanks for the heads-up....

Ted Kirby wrote:
> I followed the instructions on this excellent page, but got 12 build
> problems, caused by my M2_REPO variable not being set.  There was/is a
> reference to M2_REPO/xmlunit....  Once I set the variable, the 12
> errors reduced to two:
> The specified version does not have the correct format
> (major.minor.micro.qualifier) or contains invalid
> characters	org.apache.geronimo.installableruntime.jetty.feature	feature.xml	line
> 24	1208803506421	45
> The specified version does not have the correct format
> (major.minor.micro.qualifier) or contains invalid
> characters	org.apache.geronimo.installableruntime.tomcat.feature	feature.xml	line
> 24	1208803506453	46
> These are probably not fixable, given external maven build, but I'd
> like the instructions to mention setting the M2_REPO variable.
> Thanks,
> Ted Kirby

Tim McConnell