Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BA...@airbus.com> on 2013/02/14 11:52:32 UTC

New bie question - Running producer and two instance of consumer

Hi,

I am new to activeMQ (for any other messaging system). I want to use this messaging system for distributed processing of large number of files. I wish to split my application in to two pieces namely producer and consumer, so that one instance of producer generates messages that several instance of similar consumers can process it. The consumers are supposed to be distributed machines. I wrote a simple producer and two consumers (as attached). The producer generates 100 messages (simple text messages) and consumers take 'different' processing times to process every message. Hence, I expect, the consumer that take less time to finish processing would process more messages while the other one process less number of messages. However, when I ran them, I saw the number of messages is evenly splitted and processed. Can someone give me a hint here, how this can be achieved? And where I am going wrong?

With thanks and regards
Balachandar

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.